Dragon Ball, created by Akira Toriyama, is one of the most popular and influential anime and manga franchises of all time. With its compelling storyline, intense battles, and memorable characters, it continues to captivate audiences of all ages. While most fans are familiar with the likes of Goku, Vegeta, and Piccolo, there is a whole host of hidden gems, lesser-known characters that have stolen the show in their own unique ways.
1. Tien Shinhan: Tien, a skilled martial artist and former antagonist, quickly becomes an integral part of the Dragon Ball universe. Throughout the series, Tien consistently demonstrates his immense power and cunning strategies in battles. His fight against Goku in the 22nd World Martial Arts Tournament is a standout moment that showcased his incredible strength. Tien’s character growth and loyalty make him a fan favorite.
2. Krillin: Despite being Goku’s childhood friend and one of the longest-standing characters in the series, Krillin often gets overshadowed by his more powerful allies. However, his wit, determination, and unwavering loyalty make him an essential member of the Dragon Ball team. From his early days training under Master Roshi to his crucial roles in various battles against powerful foes, Krillin’s tenacity shines through, making him a lovable character.
3. Future Trunks: Introduced as a time traveler from the future, Future Trunks offers a refreshing twist to the Dragon Ball narrative. With his distinctive Super Saiyan transformation and a heartbreaking backstory, he captivates fans from the moment he arrives. Future Trunks’ involvement in the Cell Saga, his unwavering resolve to protect the future, and his emotional farewell make him an unforgettable character.
4. Android 17: Initially introduced as a villain in the Cell Saga, Android 17’s transformation from a cold-hearted killer to a selfless protector is remarkable. After being absorbed by Cell, he manages to survive and returns to play a significant role in the Tournament of Power arc. Android 17’s incredible power, strategic mind, and dedication to saving the planet make him a fan-favorite character.
5. Beerus: The God of Destruction, Beerus, brings a level of intrigue and power to Dragon Ball that is unmatched. His introduction in the Battle of Gods movie propels the series into a new era. With his whimsical personality and the ability to destroy entire planets effortlessly, Beerus becomes an enigmatic force to be reckoned with. His interactions with Goku and his role as a catalyst for Goku’s growth make him a standout character.
6. Hit: Hailing from Universe 6, Hit quickly became a fan favorite due to his stoic personality and unique time-skipping abilities. As the strongest member of Universe 6’s team during the Tournament of Power, Hit stands out with his cool demeanor, strategic fighting style, and mysterious aura. His battles against Vegeta and Goku demonstrate his formidable skills and add depth to his character.
These hidden gems of the Dragon Ball universe have proven that even secondary characters can steal the show with their unique storylines, powerful abilities, and impactful moments in the series. From Tien’s martial arts prowess to Future Trunks’ emotional journey, these characters have left an indelible mark on Dragon Ball’s legacy. So, next time you rewatch Dragon Ball, don’t forget to appreciate these often overlooked but remarkable characters that have made the franchise what it is today.